Disable Right Click

Sunday, June 1, 2014

James River Cellars Winery

The weather this weekend…SO amazing…we decided it'd be crazy to spend one minute indoors. Soon enough we'll be immersed in intolerable humidity and one minute outdoors will feel like an eternity.  Thank goodness we have a few more weeks of gorgeous weather before the wet heat arrives to stay.

We were out and about most of the weekend, and decided to stop at James River Cellars Winery in Hanover. What a lovely place and location! Gorgeous grounds. The wine was delicious. We purchased the $5 tasting and sampled about 12 wines. The sommelier was super knowledgeable, which always makes a wine tasting so enjoyable. It was busy, with a few groups sometimes waiting for a tasting. No one seemed to wait very long.

I'm thinking of calling my best buds and going there for a picnic (before the summer sauna sets in). I believe that next door is a sports complex with miniature golf and a driving range. Chatting, eating, sipping wine (except for the designated driver), and maybe taking in a game of miniature golf…sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon.


3 comments:

Coleen Patrick said...

Great photos! This is on my list of places to go. :)

Linda said...

Lovely! Makes me wish I could drink wine (but it gives me a headache).

Penny said...

Coleen, thanks, and so glad you stopped in! I think you'll like it. Lovely place.

Linda, Thanks for stopping in. I have a few friends who are allergic to wine…unfortunately, as they also say :)