Disable Right Click

Friday, January 31, 2014

Avocado and Tomato Toast

I admit, I have a cookbook obsession. There's nothing more relaxing then spending time perusing my favorite cookbooks in an effort to prepare good, healthy meals.

Never mind the sad fact that I'm running out of bookcase space. I've always got a pile of cookbooks strewn about the office "in rotation" waiting for valuable real estate on the shelf. It makes no difference that I've also got a spectacular resource of hundreds of virtual recipes at my fingertips and therefore don't need to buy another cookbook as long as I live. Regardless, my cookbook (and recipe) obsession will go on to some degree.

I love my latest acquisition "Giada's Feel Good Food".  Lots of super healthy meals. The recipe I made last night, "Grilled Salmon and Pineapple with Avocado Dressing", was outrageously delicious.

I doubled the avocado dressing recipe because, just from looking at the ingredients, I knew I wanted to use the leftovers today. No one has ever accused me of not thinking ahead when it comes to food.

Super simple. Another one of my "toast" breakfasts. French baguettes sliced, brushed liberally with olive oil, and broiler toasted. Straight out of the broiler they were topped with dollops of the avocado dressing and sliced grape tomatoes and eaten warm. So good.















If you like avocados, you'll love this. The dressing is pretty thick, so I wouldn't say it could be used as a traditional salad dressing. Here's the recipe straight from the cookbook.

Avocado Dressing

1/2 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1 small clove garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon anchovy paste
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in food processor. Add 2 tablespoons water and process until smooth. Put in bowl and cover for 15 minutes to 1 hour so the flavors blend.

Enjoy!

No comments: