Disable Right Click

Monday, August 12, 2013

Dragon Boat Festival



As usual, the Dragon Boat Festival and race at Rockett's Landing was a great success, even with the hour of severe weather that popped up in the middle of it all that blew things into a crazy mess. My thoughts are with the folks throughout our area who suffered from damage or loss.

We had a lot of activities going on in Richmond on Sat, and that short, nasty storm really tried to put a stop to it all. Not. Not for every event, anyway.

The Dragon Boat race on the James River continued after the storm passed. You can't keep a bunch of dedicated competitors down! The skies cleared and the sunset was ravishing.

Oh, and this dish was a great success yesterday. It didn't turn out quite as lovely as the version posted by the talented chef who created it. My crust was a little...um...floppier, but I managed to make it look presentable after putting it all together and baking it. And the taste - the most important part - oh my, my, my was it yummy. I plan to make it again REAL soon.

2 comments:

karen said...

Penny, I LOVE the first image--the textures, lines, contrast--really a terrific blending of it all!

Tricia Buice said...

I agree with Karen - your photos are terrific! Just popped over to say howdy neighbor! Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing more of your talented photography.