Disable Right Click

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

A reprieve! I worked a few days last week and this week, and the rest of the holiday was front and center for just me and the hubs!

The week before Christmas we went out of town for a few days, and the day after I returned I fractured my big toe. I've been hobbling around getting things done, but all in all that's just not working too well. It's healing nicely, but it sure did put an unexpected crimp in my holiday activities. The condo is a bit of a mess. My holiday decorating is super simple (a house plant wrapped in mini lights, a purchased poinsettia, and a candle). I decided not to cook my usual New Year's "lucky" brunch for family because I don't want to run the risk of undoing the healing so far on my toe.

The hubs cooked the entire Christmas eve dinner! A mountain of seafood (which is what he grew up on) - shrimp, scallops, and talapia. Antipasti and roasted asparagus. So, so good! We had left overs the next day (easy peasy), to which I added an Apple Galette (DO make the homemade crust…it was incredibly easy and so very delicious). I think I'm getting addicted to galettes!

The hubs and I spent some time out most days during the holiday for very short periods. My mom came over for a few days after Christmas. We went to the movies and afterwards made a batch of peanut butter candy from an old recipe that my grandmother used to make every holiday before she passed (I LOVE it, and it's been a very long time since I've had it - really brought back memories of past Christmases at my grandmother's house).

Hope your holiday was fantastic!

Have a happy and healthy New Year!
 
 

No comments: