Disable Right Click

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rocking Our World

So, what did you think about Mother Nature's 5.9 nudge yesterday? Pretty amazing, huh?

I was in CA a few years ago and experienced my first earthquake - a 4.6.  It paled in comparison to the one I experienced yesterday.

I was at work. Contractors have been working on our office building roof for 4 months. So we thought they were doing something wild and crazy up there when the quake first started.

Then it sounded like the roof was caving in. There was a loud rumbling, like a tractor trailer was riding above our heads.

Then everything started shaking. The thick supporting poles holding up the ceiling began to sway back and forth. Several items fell off filing cabinets. Our supervisor ran by and told everyone to get out of the building. I picked up my purse and headed out the door.

Whew. That was really something.

The other day I was walking around the neighborhood and caught the sun peeking behind the clouds. Lovely.




No comments: