Disable Right Click

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Filmology Continues

Got my second roll of expired film back from the lab - Kodak black & white TMax 400.

I like the results! The images are super grainy, but I'm not at all unhappy with that (by-product of expired film). And I'm pretty pleased with the exposure considering I was getting used to the camera and learning the proper way to expose film.

I did some dodging, burning, and adjusting for contrast in Lightroom (rather than in the darkroom like previous - dare I say old - days). A faded look seems to be another hallmark of expired film, especially if hasn't been stored properly over the years.

I'm in the process of shooting my 2nd roll of fresh film - Fuji 400H. I finished the first fresh roll of Kodak Tri-X 400 B&W a few weeks ago.  Then I plan to move on to the Mamiya 220 - can't wait to shoot with that monster. Once I get two rolls shot with the Mamiya's (I have two of them for now) I'll ship all the rolls off to the lab.

The last shot is a double exposure - which is a ton of fun with film. You never know exactly how it's going to turn out until you see the negative. I need to practice that technique!

Sure wish I could spend more time on this.  I'm loving it so much!






No comments: