Disable Right Click

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Girls' Day





Some days I don't feel like I'll ever get over Mike's (my brother) death. It's only been in the last few weeks that I've had a day or two when I don't think of it as intensly. I try to keep my mind occupied with other things. I was so happy when my friend, Cindy, suggested we hang out a couple of Saturday's ago. I was just what I needed.

Love these gals to pieces.

I was in the mood to cook, so we met at the condo for brunch. I made two casseroles - hash brown and French toast, then I added fresh fruit salad, croissants, and a Poinsettia cocktail to round out the easy menu. Yum!

After eating and chatting, we crafted insanely quick candle holders using glass containers from Michaels and personalized vinyl rub-on decals (with initials from our last name) from Singlestory on Etsy. It's funny, we never notice that the letter of our last names fall sequentially in the alphabet - my husband picked up on it and asked when we were going to make candle holders for the rest of the alphabet (haha - he's a riot).

We relaxed with hot tea and chatted again, and then headed to a local mall where we hit up a few of our favorite stores. Afterwards, we had dinner at Firebirds.

No comments: